Property Management: it’s about owners, tenants and Harcourts professionals successfully working together. It’s a specialised business that requires a full range of effective, proven property management tools and solutions.
Residential rental property has long been a favoured investment option for many people in New Zealand and Central Otago. It's relatively easy to get into and can be particularly enjoyable if handled correctly. And it's precisely where the input of Harcourts Property Management and Rentals proves invaluable. We not only have a thorough understanding of the current rental market but also extensive knowledge of both expected short and long term trends for the future.
Our Aim: To make your investment hassle-free, while keeping you fully informed of all developments.
Property Management is more that just putting tenants into a dwelling:
- We monitor the rental market and review rent levels to maximise value and returns from your investment.
- We assess and match suitable tenants with your property to reduce issues and find a great fit.
- Our professional and friendly property managers build long-standing relationships with both owners and tenants.
- We run regular ongoing inspections, reporting and property maintenance to ensure your property is completely looked after.
Our reporting procedures keep you completely informed:
- We set up regular (bi-monthly or monthly) payments to your nominated bank account.
- Your monthly statements are posted or emailed to you so you're always financially aware.
- We send regular newsletters which include details of the current market conditions so you're always ahead of the rental game.
- We write and complete lease agreements and bond lodgements so you don't have to worry about the paperwork.
- We're hugely experienced in mediation and are comfortable taking tenancy action when necessary - we work in your best interest.
- We provide end of financial year tax documentation including all income and expenditure to make your tax and income reviews easy.
- We arrange cost allocations to maximise your income and reduce tax liability where possible.
We run regular property inspections to give you constant peace of mind:
- We inspect your property with every new tenant to confirm the condition of your property at the start of their tenancy.
- We offer to carry out routine inspections once every three months and will always send you full reports concerning its condition.
- We fully inspect your property at the end of each tenancy before any bond is released to ensure you're financially covered.
- We provide recommendations of any ongoing maintenance that may need to be completed or budgeted for.
We oversee all maintenance to free you of the hassle:
- We arrange and manage total lawn and garden maintenance.
- We fully manage and oversee all upgrades, refurbishments and renovations - the management of your property can be left entirely or partially to us depending on how you prefer to work.
We advertise your property to find the most suitable tenants and maximise your return:
- We advertise your rental vacancy in a range of publications to reach the most relevant local audience.
- Your rental property features on our website whenever it is available, with top-quality photographs and a detailed description which can be updated daily.
- A huge number of prospective tenants visit our office and marketing material for your property is on hand to provide them with.
- All of our vacant rental properties are advertised on realestate.co.nz - NZ's largest property listing website - and harcourts.co.nz - NZ's largest real estate company website.
We also offer bespoke services to ensure you are personally protected and are achieving the maximum results for your property:
- Landlord Special Risk Insurance is a unique form of protection covering you against damage to your property and loss of rent at the fault of your tenant.
- Our Rental Evaluation offering gives you the chance to identify what income you could generate from your property in the current or future market.
- Our Property Evaluation services allow you to identify the sale price you could achieve if you came to sell your investment property.
Click here to view current available rental properties with Harcourts Property Management & Rentals.